Usana‘Luck of the Gambler’ Pinot Gris 2018
A skin contact Pinot Gris might sound like a gamble, but trust us, it’s anything but. A delicious copper-tinted dry white wine, this wine has incredible tea-like notes rounded off with hints of rhubarb and raspberry. Extremely versatile and food-friendly. All grapes harvested from the Winshaw family farm, Klein Welmoed, Stellenbosch. To give this wine its gorgeous copper colour, 70% of the grapes were destemmed and naturally fermented on their skins for 12 days. The remaining 30% was whole bunch fermented for 8 days. The wine was aged for a further 10 months in a combination op predominantly old French oak barrels and a fermentation egg.