Warwick Wine Estate
Warwick has a lengthy history dating back to when it was named “De Goede Sukses” from1771 to 1902, until the farm was bought in 1902 by Colonel William Alexander Gordon and he renamed to the current name. Warwick wine farm was purchased by Stan Ratcliffe in 1964 and is now a family-owned and run wine estate. Ratcliffe’s wife, Norma, took to the craft of wine-making and found she had a natural talent. She is often referred to as “The First Lady” because she was one of the first women to make wine in South Africa. The award-winning wine range features three white and six red wines. The most notable white and red wines are ‘The Black Lady’, a peppery Shiraz, ‘The White Lady’ a wooded Chardonnay, and a unoaked Chardonnay entitled ‘The First Lady’.