Winter Pairings: Kamini Pather
Winter Pairings Challenge with Nomu & Jordan
CyberCellar and Nomu recently challenged three of SA’s top female chefs to create a Winter dish and pair it with wine from a selected wine farm. Each recipe had to include three products from Nomu that would pair perfectly with wine from the farm, available on CyberCellar.
Kamini Pather burst onto the South African food scene when she won the second season of Masterchef South Africa.
Along with having her own highly successful food and travel show (Girl Eat World), Kamini released her cookbook which has a modern take on South African-Indian food.
For more of her cooking adventures, follow her on Instagram:
About Kamini's dish:
Kamini has stunned with a Middle-Eastern inspired prawn dish! Her use of Nomu’s Dukkah spice in her cauliflower puree creates the perfect base for garlicky prawns – both of which are the yummiest paired with Jordan’s Unoaked Chardonnay.
Enjoy this dish when the travel bug comes knocking as it will surely transport you!
Pour yourself a glass and whip up this quick, delicious dish:
Prawns with Dukkah-Infused Cauliflower Puree
paired with Jordan Unoaked Chardonnay
- 250ml water
- 2 tsp NOMU vegetable stock
- 2 cloves garlic, sliced
- 250g prawns (shell on, heads off an de-veined)
- 1-2 tsp NOMU salt
- 2 Tbsp NOMU Seafood spice
- 1 Tbsp coconut oil
- 1 Tbsp butter
- 1 head cauliflower, sliced
- 2 Tbsp NOMU Dukkah
- 1 Tbsp butter
- 2 tsp parsley, chopped
Note: this dish is very quick to make and enjoy so have everything sliced and mixed before you start.
- Mix the NOMU vegetable stock by stirring in the liquid stock with the water. Set aside.
- Slice the garlic and add it to the butter dish.
- Marinate the prawns in the salt and seafood spice.
- In a hot pan, melt the coconut oil. Fry the prawns for a few seconds on each side. You will know that they are cooked when they turn pink. To finish, add the butter and garlic. Spoon the butter over the prawns. Set aside.
- Pour the stock into a small pot. Add the cauliflower and place on HIGH heat. The cauliflower needs to steam quickly. Once steamed and the stock is almost evaporated, add the Dukkah and butter and blend using a stick blender or Nutribullet.
- To serve: Spoon cauilflower puree into a bowl. Top with prawns and parsley.