Winter Pairings: Lucia Mthiyane
Winter Pairings Challenge with Nomu & Bosman
CyberCellar and Nomu recently challenged three of SA’s top female chefs to create a Winter dish and pair it with wine from a selected wine farm. Each recipe had to include three products from Nomu that would pair perfectly with wine from the farm, available on CyberCellar.
Lucia Mthiyane is not just a beloved South African actress, jazz singer and model – she is also a kitchen queen! Her recently released cookbook is a testament to her love of food and delicious recipes.
Check our her dedicated foodie page on Instagram for more scrumptious dishes:
About Lucia's dish:
Lucia’s dish is of flavourful fillet is paired with Bosman’s Generation 8 Shiraz for the ultimate Winter date night meal!
The absolutely gorgeous dish not only looks impressive, but with the help of some Nomu spices – the flavours are out of this world too!
Treat that special someone in your life with this fillet:
Fillet with Red Wine Jus
paired with Bosman Generation 8 Shiraz
- 450g fillet steak(room temperature)
- 2 tablespoons Nomu olive oil
- Pinch of Nomu Sea salt
- 1 teaspoon Nomu One for All
- 1 teaspoon Nomu Peri peri rub
- 1 teaspoon Nomu Morrocan rub
- 1 tablespoon Rainbow pepper
- 1 tablespoon Nomu peri peri rub
- 1 teaspoon Nomu cook’s salt
- 2 sprigs of rosemary
- 4 bulbs of garlic
Before starting, rest your steak on a wooden board, rub Nomu olive oil on your room temperature fillet steak (using pastry brush or your bare hands).
Rub in Nomu Sea salt, Cook’s Salt, Nomu Rainbow Pepper, Nomu Morrocan rub and Nomu Peri peri rub.
Let it marinate for 20 minutes.
- Heat your dry, heavy skillet (it should be ovenproof).
- Preheat your oven or airfryer to 180 degrees.
- Once the skillet is hot, place the fillet in the pan and cook for 2 and a half minutes on each side.
- Once browned, cover the pan with foil and grill in the oven for 15 minutes.
- Once out of the oven, layer garlic and rosemary all around the steak, cover it and let it rest for 10 minutes.
- Open the foil and slice steak in the middle and across.
- Have it with grilled vegetables of your choice..